Monday, February 8, 2010






Another week has flown by at record speed and here we are gearing up for another card class this week. Everyone needs a stash of birthday cards right? Join us on Wednesday at 6:30 pm to make these four cards and learn a couple of new techniques. The girls who made Valentines last week saw the gatefold card I'd been working on and asked if we could do it as part of this week's class. I used Cosmo Cricket's "Something Borrowed" paper on this one and I really love the soft colours. I was thinking "wedding" when I made it, but I guess you could use it for a birthday or just about any occasion. We'll be learning how to make the lovely paper flower as well as trying out the irridescent embossing powder you see on the outer panel. The green Happy birthday card is an example of de-bossing, which is a technique using ink inside a cuttlebug embossing folder...very cool! I love the froggy card...so much fun to make and great to have on hand for a young (or young at heart)person's birthday. The flower card did not photograph well...the colours are all wrong, but it is an example of two step stamping which gives a more 3 dimensional look to an image.
Well, we are supposed to get a bunch of snow tonight, so I'd better rest up my shovelling arm for tomorrow morning. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Marie, these cards are fabulous. I wished I lived close to you just to join in your classes.

    ReplyDelete