Tuesday, January 20, 2015

This week's class




 Here are the three cards we'll be making in this week's class. The first card is stamped using the glue pad and a fabulous stamp from Indigo Blu called Bare Trees. After stamping the image, I simply poured the Mega Flakes (also from Indigo Blu) onto the image and then patted them down gently. All that's left to do then is to buff it with a little "scoochy foam" (that really is what it's called ... it's not one of my home-made technical terms ... lol!) I am in love with this stamp and with the gilding technique. I have several colours of Mega Flakes in stock as well as the glue pad and Scoochy foam. On the second card I used some embossed paper which was in the Stampin' Up clearance sale before Christmas. It's all white with a glossy leaf pattern and I knew when I saw it that I wanted to use it with my Gelatos. Can't wait to share this technique at class. So easy and so much fun. If you use Versamark and clear embossing powder you can use your background stamps to achieve the same look as the embossed paper I used. The stamps on this card and the third card are all from Stampin' Up. I've bought way too many of them recently and haven't been using them so I thought I should remedy that! The large butterfly is a Memory Box die which many of you have bought here. I use it so often. It's out of stock at the moment but I will be placing an order later this week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment