Saturday, May 1, 2010

May flowers




May is here, and although it's a rainy morning it certainly feels like spring is here at last. When I got home last night my hubby had cut the grass and everything looked so lush and green now that the dandelions have been beheaded again LOL! Everyone knows the saying April showers bring May flowers and I guess May showers do too. Here are the 3 cards we'll make in class next Thursday. The first is a 4 x 4 square card using the chalkboard or "black magic" technique. We'll make an envelope for this one too! Next is the pastel punched flowers card. Only the pail is stamped on this card. Finally we are going to use the Faux Cloisonne technique for the black and white oval frame card. I stamped and embossed the flowers and butterfly on a scrap of old Christmas wrapping paper, then cut them out and glued them to the card. I'm sure everyone's card will look quite different, as they can choose which paper to stamp on (bring your wrapping paper, old store bought cards, magazines etc!) and which flower stamp they use. The flowers could also be arranged differently on the card. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Last Thursday's class was so full and busy that I didn't get a chance to photograph any of the cards. If any of you ladies care to leave a comment with an uploaded photo of your card(s), I'm sure we'd all enjoy Ooohing and Aaahing over them. It's almost time to open the store, so I will wish you all a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. ....oh my, what lucky girls going to your classes to make these gorgeous cards! I love reading about the different techniques you use - very interesting, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! but the last one is the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete