Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A new technique...


I LOVE learning new techniques and then sharing them with other card makers. I saw this one on Splitcoast stampers last week and just had to run and try it right away. The technique is called "faux pressed flowers" but as you can see from the photo I decided to do my first card with hearts in place of the flowers...I'm sure I'll be posting a flower one soon though! This is such a simple technique and yet it gives a wonderful effect. All I did was stamp the tree and then glue some tiny punched hearts here and there. Then I ran it through the Cuttlebug in the script embossing folder. Any embossing folder can be used, but it looks better if it's one with a tightly spaced design. The machine presses the hearts (or flowers) into the base cardstock and gives the effect of pressed flowers. It doesn't show up as well in a photograph as in real life but I'm going to try it with some fabric flowers from my stash and I'll be sure to post a picture when I'm done. This one is card number 2 for our class and I'm still playing around with an idea for the third one....did someone say "Get on with it Marie?" LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Marie, I am giving you an award. Visit http://piperloo.blogspot.com/ to grab your award. Save it and place it on your blog. List 8 things about you and pick 8 stylish blogs to pass this award on. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete