Sunday, August 7, 2011

Feelin' hot, hot,hot!



The dog days of summer are here with a vengeance, but even though hot humid weather is not my favourite, I'll take it over snow and rain anytime. I've been going for my walk earlier each morning to avoid the heat and I love looking at the changes in the neighbourhood gardens (the only change in mine unfortunately is an increase in the number of weeds..lol!) This week I saw several fabulous sunflower displays, so I decided to make a sunflower card for our upcoming class. After stamping the image, I cut it out with a nestabilities circle and coloured it with watercolour pencils and a blender pen. After sponging a little tumbled glass distress ink, I mounted it on a brown petite scalloped circle. I used a piece of Kaisercraft's Spirograph paper (remember playing with Spirograph when you were young? I used to love mine)and the Morrocan lace edger punch. Finishing touches are the narrow satin ribbon and rounded corners. The other card uses a technique called rusted enamel which I learned at a Ranger workshop a long time ago and had forgotten about. The small squares were punched from a piece of cardstock which was treated with the rusted enamel technique. After I embossed each one with one of Tim Holtz' small folders with gears on it, the squares almost look like tooled leather ....very cool for a masculine card. The patterned paper is from Prima's Moulin Rouge Collection. Our third class card is square card with a butterfly image....but you'll have to stop in to see that one:)Have great week!

1 comment:

  1. both cards are awesome, marie! i love the sunflowers and the rusted enamel technique sounds like a lot of fun. i can't wait for snow! lol

    ReplyDelete