Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Paper Inspirations



I was looking through my patterned papers for some inspiration this week, because I wasn't getting any ideas from my rubber stamps. I picked up the Basic Grey butterfly print with the intention of using a strip across the card for starters, but then I looked at all the beautiful butterflies on the sheet and thought it might look more striking if I die cut them individually. As soon as I cut this one out with my square nestabilities, I knew I "needed" to open the Fleur de Lis Nestabilities dies and use the large die cut as a mat. (That's my excuse any way:)) I also swiped my versamark pad across the butterfly square and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Both patterned papers are patterned on one side only and cost just .99 cents a sheet. This is a 4.25 inch square card so you could make a lot of these cards using one sheet of each paper, plus your card stock base and solid colour mat. The Good Friends card uses paper from Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry collection. I've used the plainer back-side of this paper for several cards, but I could never think how to incorporate egg beaters into a card until I was flipping through a card magazine and saw a card with the caption "Good Friends can't be beat." Well...I don't have that sentiment on a rubber stamp, but it was pretty simple to type it out on the computer and then die cut it with the Nestabilities pennant die. The other small sentiment is from a Stampin' Up set which I'd never used before, but it worked well with this card. I've been blessed with many good friends so I may need to make few more of these, but first I need to come up with an idea for our third class card.....

No comments:

Post a Comment