Monday, September 26, 2011

It's snowing indoors.....!





OK...it's not really snowing ....but there is Polar White Flowersoft floating around everywhere in here after making this window card! I made the first part of the card last week using one of the Sizzix Movers and Shapers dies to cut the window in the card. The "glass" is a piece of transparency which I added white flowersoft to. It looks like real snow and if you look closely, you can see Santa has just arrived down the chimney inside the card. The front of the card was embossed using Tim Holtz' brick wall texture fades folder. I sponged the edges with walnut stain and added a bit more Flowersoft to the bottom edge of the card. The sentiment was stamped and framed with one of the die cuts from Tim's Tag and Bookplates die. I had so much fun making this card and I'm sure the ladies who come to class will enjoy creating their own version. I used a new clear stamp from Prima to make the second card. The image was heat embossed then cut out with a scalloped circle Nestabilities die. I added silver dots to the scallops with a gel pen and tried a new ribbon treatment in place of the usual bow. It's simple to do and not as bulky for mailing. The background was embossed using the Cuttlebug snowflakes embossing folder. Now I'm off to make card number 3, which will feature the new Glitter Ritz "burnished velvet" technique. So....in a little while, it will be snowy AND sparkly in here!.......and people wonder why I love to come to work...LOL!

1 comment:

  1. these are both awesome cards, marie! i love the snowy window, the embossed snowflakes and your fancy ribbon treatment - much easier than tying bows!

    ReplyDelete