Friday, November 25, 2011

Pink Christmas


I've said it here before....I'm not a fan of pink (the colour not the singer:)) but every once in a while I try to step outside of my comfortable little box and make it the main focus on a card. I started with a gold peel-off sticker and some very pretty Kaisercraft patterned paper with a swirly pink and olive green design. I was going to layer it onto a green background but it just wasn't working for me. After browsing through all the pink cardstock and feeling totally uninspired, I remembered the stack of Milled Lavender distress Core'dinations cardstock that arrived a few months ago with a dirty streak across each sheet. I had put it in the back room till I could figure out a use for it as I couldn't sell it as it was. As luck would have it, it's a perfect match for the patterned paper (love when that happens!) I ran a piece through the Cuttlebug in the ornaments folder and sanded it lightly, then mounted it on the gold foil cardstock. The sentiment is heat embossed and I popped the little ornament up with a foam dot. If you have any "girly" friends on your card list this year, I'm guessing they would enjoy receiving this non-traditional Christmas card, so come out to class next week and make one! Now to play with the rest of all those other lovely peel-offs on the sheet........

1 comment:

  1. this is so pretty! i love the popped ornament and the sanded embossed background.

    ReplyDelete