Friday, September 21, 2012

Fall cards



It's almost the weekend and it's almost fall, so today I played with fall colours and images for two of class cards. I had fun making these and I like that they could be used for a variety of occasions. Lots of technique here including spray inks...so make sure you wear old clothes..lol! You can't see the detail in the top card, but that background paper has a subtle leaf pattern created by spraying Mister Huey's spray ink over a Crafter's Workshop template. I used scattered straw, fired brick and rusty hinge distress inks for the sky, but you could substitute other colours. Please bring your own distress inks and blending tool if you have them.
The pumpkin on the second card was stamped with the Bo Bunny Apple Cider stamp set and the acorn on the narrow strip is from the same set. The patterned paper strip is also from the Apple Cider collection. The tiny leaves were punched from a scrap of the ink sprayed paper in the previous card and the leaf on the green background paper is also from the Apple cider stamp set and is stamped in Versamark for a watermark effect. that's 3 stamps from one set on this card and there are still 4 others in the set for just $5. It's such a great set that I can't keep it in stock. I've reordered it twice and I'm sure some of you will want it after you use it in class, so I think I'll order a few more. Let me know if you think you'd like one so I have an idea how many to get. You'll also need scissors to cut out the pumpkin and a brown marker (if you have one) for the faux stitching. I'll upload the Christmas card for this class by Monday at the latest. Classes this week and next are on Wednesday morning and Thursday evening. No classes on Tuesdays.
Have wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment