Monday, January 21, 2013


Here's our second class card for this week. I love this image from Graphic 45's A Lady's Diary stamp set and it looks great embossed. I stamped the lady in jet black archival then heat embossed with clear powder. Next I inked up the script stamp from the same set and after blotting away a little of the ink from the centre, I stamped it over the embossed image. I coloured her bouquet with Memento markers, a little worn lipstick distress ink around the edges, a black mat and a pink card base and you have a clean and simple card ready to go in the mail with no extra postage costs (always a good thing right?)  However, she is such an elegant lady, I thought she deserved to be embellished a little.I didn't have any black ribbon that worked, so I took some Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon and ran the black soot distress stain along it...wrinkled it up a bit and dried it with the heat tool. Then I tied a quick cheater bow and a stick on pearl and attached with a glue dot. A bit bulky for mailing but  so pretty don'tcha think??
I have a cute clean and simple Christmas card  for our third card ... perfect for mass producing. We'll be using fabric...not sure if we've done that before in a class. Hope to see you soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment