Friday, February 15, 2013

Ir-resistable Distress Stains!



It's been a while since we did the emboss resist technique on a card and I've been dying to use the Peacock Feathers and Picked Raspberry distress stains so I thought I'd combine the two (or should I say three?) for a class card this week. I began by stamping the flowers on white cardstock with Versamark ink, then heat embossed them with white embossing powder. Next, I played around with a couple of different ways to use the stains. First I applied the colours to the craft sheet and swiped my cardstock through the ink a few times. I spritzed a little water to get the colours to bleed into each other then dried it with a heat tool. I still wasn't completely happy with the results so I applied a little stain directly to the card stock. I LOVE the way it turned out. These colours are so vibrant and the stains are so much fun to use. It still needed a little something even after I added the piercing, so I decided to break out the Teal pearl pen and add a bead of colour to the centre of each flower. Rounding just two opposite corners gives the card a very contemporary look that I really like. I'd love to hear your comments about this or any other cards I post here, so feel free to share:)

No comments:

Post a Comment