Saturday, March 16, 2013

Butterfly Cross


Here's our second class card. I don't often make religious cards for class because not everyone sends them, but as Easter is approaching, and it is a very meaningful time for me, I wanted to include one card with a more spiritual focus. If you don't send Easter cards, this could easily be used as a Sympathy, Baptism or First Communion card. It's hard to see in the photo, but I used a speciality paper, which is embossed with butterflies, for the cross. I like the symbolism of the butterfly evolving into a beautiful new creation from it's lowly beginnings as a caterpillar. It reminds me that death is not an ending, but a new beginning.
Regardless of our beliefs, I'm sure that many of us look forward to seeing the first butterfly (or caterpillar!) of the year, and that when we do, it will bring a smile to our faces.












No comments:

Post a Comment