Saturday, March 2, 2013

Simple but Elegant



I always think that simple is best when designing a sympathy card, but this embossing folder would be  perfect for a wedding, thinking of you, get well, Mother's day or even a happy birthday card. I've used it with a champagne metallic cardstock here, (the darker colour is purple but doesn't show well in the photo) and I highlighted the raised bumps with a purple stardust pen. It would be great to have a stack of simple cards like this on hand in a variety of colours and with various sentiments for those occasions when you just don't have time to sit down and create a card. I always say I'll do that but I never actually get around to it! Anyway, it's our second class card for next week and there are lots of different sentiment stamps to choose from, so everyone can use their favourite. I carry a good selection of peel-off sticker sentiments in gold silver and black which would also work well on a card like this. These stickers are very delicate and can look very similar to heat embossing when applied to a card.
As always our third card will be a Christmas card but you have to wait for class to see the sample.... (grin)

No comments:

Post a Comment