Saturday, April 27, 2013

April Showers .....




What a rainy week it has been. Thanks goodness for the sunshine today. These two cards are for our May 1st and 2nd classes. I think the last card will be something suitable for Mother's Day ... I know we usually make a Christmas card, but I'm trying to avoid the thought of snow at the moment..lol!
These two were made using the Die-Namics umbrella die and sentiments set. On the first card I curved the clear stamp on my acrylic block before stamping to follow the shape of the circle. It's a great way to get a different look from your stamps. On the second card I added some Memory Box cloud die cuts and gave them a silver lining with a gel pen. It's difficult to see on the photo, but there are little embossed raindrops above the umbrella and the panel is sponged with tumbled glass distress ink. The background was stamped using the Hero Arts Radiant Banner Stamp with Versamark and clear embossing powder.
I just got a ton of new Memory Box dies in stock yesterday so be sure to stop in soon for the best selection.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment