Thursday, June 20, 2013

A very quiet day ...




It's been very quiet in the store today ...just me and the radio actually ...lol! Usually that's when my mojo decides to take a nap, but not today! I have TWO (count 'em) cards done for next week's class and it's only Thursday ....WOW!
I had fun with these ...especially the butterfly card. I coloured the butterfly with Spectrum Noir markers and then went hunting for a patterned paper to use with it. I was thinking of black and white, but then I noticed the colours in this paper from "Crate Paper" matched almost perfectly (insert happy dance!) After I figured out the layout I knew it needed a little something to finish it off. Imagine how excited I was when these Robin's Nest dew drops jumped off the shelf into my hands! I just popped mini glue dots on the back and Voila! Card number 1 is done!
I spent a lot more time figuring out the black and white card, even though I already had part of it done. After I die cute the ribbon slide and attached the ribbon, I went hunting for a shape to add a sentiment. I tried out three different dies and four different types of card stock before I settled on this. You should see my table! For those of you who are not on Facebook, I posted something this week which referred to the mess that is left after you complete a project as "CRAFTERMATH."  I love this word and will be using it often to describe the state of my work space. OK ... time to clean up!

1 comment:

  1. ooh, these are both very creative, colourful and elegant marie! craftermath sounds like a fancy name for that awful mess we create. lol

    ReplyDelete