Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's Day




Just wanted to share the card I made for my 95 year old Father-in- law. One of his hobbies was watch and clock repair. These days his eyesight isn't quite good enough for such meticulous work but I thought this little pocket watch card might brighten his day. I used the Memory Box Typewriter uppercase alphabet die for the letters and those cute little buttons were created with my new Impression Obsession button die (love it!) The pocket watch frame was made with a Tim Holtz movers and shapers die and I stamped and embossed the clock face with an Inkadinkado cling stamp that fit just perfectly! I used a pair of clock hands from the Prima Junkyard Findings collection and attached them with a little brad so they can move and finally I added a piece of brass chain that I had leftover from a Tim Holtz class I took at CHA a couple of years ago.We are headed to Toronto for the day on Sunday for a visit so I can give it to him in person ...a good thing too because it's a wee bit bulky to mail!
Wishing all the Dads out there a wonderful Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment