Monday, August 25, 2014

Cheering for Travis

Some of you will know Carolyn who has taught mini album classes here several times. She is a fantastic person and has asked me to share the following info on Facebook which I am more than happy to do, and for all my friends who are not FB users (like Carolyn) I thought I would share it here also:

My son Travis, was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia, when he was 17, and will complete all of his chemo September 11 ,2014. It has been 3 1/2 years of chemo every day and multiple hospital stays. He has avascular necrosis (bones destroyed) in his knees and elbows from the steroids used in his treatment, so he will still have a long road ahead of him with doctor appointments and surgeries. I want to encourage him, keep his spirits up, and celebrate his victory so far.
I am asking everyone I know, if they could please send him a card in the mail congratulating him on his last day of chemo, and then in turn tell anybody you know and ask them to send a card. I think it would be exciting to get them all in the mail, and bring a smile to his face.
Thanks so much
Carolyn

Travis Malott
Box 355
Harrow, Ontario
N0R 1G0

No comments:

Post a Comment