Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Faux Mother of Pearl Class



I've been neglecting my blog lately because I've been having fun playing the new Japanese Papers as well as experimenting with some new and not so new techniques for upcoming classes. Faux Mother of Pearl is a technique that I haven't done for a long time and when I decided to give it another spin, I was surprised that I haven't used it more often. The pictures don't show the lovely pearlized background, which is fairly quick and easy to accomplish. You do need to let the Lumiere dry a little before sponging or brayering the background so we will do another card while we wait for the first two backgrounds to dry. The third sample is in progress (isn't it always?? LOL) but I will upload a photo of it as well as one of the third card we made last week using the emboss resist technique everyone loves so much. Oh yes and I'll also share my first iris fold card with the Chiyogami papers...stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment