Monday, July 19, 2010

Polished Stone Technique


I've been playing around with colours and stamps to use for this week's polished stone technique class and this is my favourite combo so far. The inks are my old Stampin' Up re-inkers in Melon Mambo and Groovy Guava and are applied to a piece of felt soaked in rubbing alcohol and attached to a Ranger ink applicator. You add a couple of drops of each colour to your felt and dab onto glossy cardstock. You can also use a cotton ball, but you need to wear gloves unless you enjoy rainbow fingers and nails for days!!!! Be sure to use Stazon or archival ink for your stamped image. This was such a bold image and bright colour that I didn't think it needed any embellishment...however if you look closely, you'll see that I managed to get a couple of smudges from my inky fingers onto the white cardstock...Grrrr! I hate when that happens. I think if we stay with a neutral cardstock and black mat, everyone can choose their own colours and image for this class. I'll test a few more combos so we'll know what works and what doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment