Saturday, August 14, 2010

Folding with Max & Whiskers


I had a request to do an iris fold card at our upcoming class and as quite a few of the ladies have already used this technique quite a bit, I was trying to think of some way to change it up a bit. I broke out a few sheets of Basic Grey's "Max & Whiskers" paper and one sheet of Indian summer, (because the colours just look like they were made for each other) and cut it into strips. Like most double sided patterned paper it's quite thick so I chose not to fold the strips and just laid them down on the pattern instead. When my pattern was finished I had a tiny diamond shaped opening that I just couldn't decide what to do with, so I decided to cover it with a die cut shape and then use some of the leftover scraps for an accent on the lower portion of the card. The most challenging part of this card was not mixing up the patterns while working with double sided paper, but I'm really happy with the end result and this is the type of card that could be used for several different occasions. I am now officially in love with Max & Whiskers papers and plan to use them on more cards soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment