Saturday, August 7, 2010

New class cards and some cool sand sculptures







Here are 2 of the cards we'll make this week. The first is called a tent topper card. You begin with a smaller than usual card size (I used 4 1/4 square)and add the focal image so that it stands above the top fold of the card and the total size equals a regular A2 size card. The next card is a simple but elegant design. the central image is heat embossed and mounted on gold leaf cardstock and onyx black metallic. The front of the card is trimmed to reveal a strip of the patterned paper inside and I added onyx metallic die cut photo corners for a bit of interest. I like it as is, but there is definitely space for a sentiment or additional embellishment below the image, so we'll see what our creative bunch of gals comes up with to make it their own:) The only thing I'll say about the surprise card this week is that it will be a square card. Our class size will likely be a bit smaller than usual this week as I've added a Wednedsay morning group and a couple of ladies have switched to that one, plus a a few people are on vacation right now (lucky ladies!) Speaking of vacations, I had a mini holiday last week while my leaky ceiling was being fixed. I visited my sister Pauline and her husband John in Cobourg, and had a lovely relaxing couple of days. Sunday was the most perfect weather with none of the humidity we've been experiencing lately. After driving for just over 5 hours, I arrived in time to take advantage of the sunshine on the deck and shortly after I had settled in, my two brothers, Peter and Tony along with their wives Sharon and Kathleen arrived, so it was quite the re-union, since I haven't seen any of them since Christmas. I also had a lovely chat via Skype and webcam with my other sister Joan who lives in England so I felt very blessed to have spent a bit of time with each of my siblings. On Monday, Pauline, John and I went to the beach to see the sand sculptures that were still standing following the annual contest. I took a lot more photos, but these were my favourites so I thought I'd share them with you. As someone who has trouble getting a pail of sand to come out in one piece, I was completely amazed by the detail in these creations. I wish I'd been there to watch the artists build them.... maybe next year. On the way home I stopped by my daughter Andrea's place and took her out for a birthday lunch. What a great couple of days it was. Hope you are enjoying some good family time this summer too.

1 comment: