Monday, September 13, 2010

Clean and simple...



Two very different cards for this week's class. We've had lots of layers on our cards recently so I thought I'd try a more "clean and simple" approach this week...at least for the first two cards ...lol! I LOVE this hydrangea stamp and after stamping it in weathered wood distress ink and colouring the leaves with a Memento marker, all that remained was to mask the image with an oval piece of scrap cardstock and sponge on more weathered wood. At least that was the plan...then I decided it needed a bit more colour, so I went over the weathered wood ink with Victorian Velvet ink and I really love the blend of these two shades. I also added a few drops of glue from my quickie glue pen so I could add a touch of glitter to the flowers. I used my new "Top Note" die to cut the shape of the cardstock. The other card is as basic as it gets (for me anyway!!!) My lovely landlord Matt gave me a roll of very soft copper the other day, which I promptly embossed with cuttlebug folders and punched out shapes to use as embellishments. This one is quite plain but anyone who would like to add a sentiment in class will be able to do so. I really like the copper metallic cardstock with the black and this is a great combo for a masculine card. Hold onto your hats for the third card......I don't think I can quite manage 3 clean and simple cards in one week........

No comments:

Post a Comment