Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I love trees...



I know I'm a week late for earth week, but I LOVE trees and tree stamps and being as everything I bought at Scrapfest had something to do with trees, I thought I'd better use them in class. I had a request after last week's class for some cards suitable to give to the guys in our lives. Like most of us, these are the ones I struggle with the most, but I often reach for a tree or nature type stamp when creating a card for a guy. These two were very quick and simple to create because the stamps themselves are so fabulous, that nothing else is needed but a little ink-sponging for a background. I decided to go with a sympathy sentiment for one of them, but as always, any sentiment can be substituted for the class. Card number 3 is VERY cute, but I'm still playing around with the placement of a sentiment, so I'll upload that one when it's completed. All the images used here came from a Canadian company called "Local King Rubber stamps." I don't have them in stock as there is a large minimum order requirement. I do have their catalogue though, so if you are interested in pre-ordering any of their stamps, let me know and we'll see about putting an order together. I have lots of lovely new Penny Black stamps in the store right now...be sure to check them out when you come in:)

No comments:

Post a Comment