Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Christmas in July




I'm still trying to catch up after my trip and sidewalk sales so I apologize for not posting any photos from Chicago yet. I thought I'd better get this week's class cards up first. This month has flown by...it seems like we just did Christmas cards and here we go again! Oh well....some fairly simple designs this week, but we are going to do a little spirelli (Merry Christmas card) and use some of my lovely new stamps. The warm wishes card is a similar design to one of the cards I made in a Hero Arts class at CHA. We used the shadow technique to stamp the snowflakes, and it's one of those techniques I've been meaning to use in class but haven't so far. Thanks to Jennifer McGuire for the inspiration and to Hero Arts for all the free goodies:) I opened a Winter Wonderland collection pack of Cuttlebug embossing folders to use for other two cards. The photos don't do them justice (as usual) but I'm in love with these folders. They are in a pack of 6 for just $28 and there are 3 standard size and 3 - 5 x 7 size. The sentiment is from a new Hero Arts set and I know we'll be using this one a lot for our Christams cards. I'll try to post some photos of the show before the weekend. Stay cool:)

1 comment:

  1. oooh, these are all so pretty! the embossing is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete