Saturday, July 2, 2011

Pretty in pink




I know it doesn't look very pink, but the first card for this week's class is a lovely soft vintage pink with a subtle pattern in the paper. I stamped the Magenta image with black Memento ink directly onto the patterned paper and distressed the edges just a bit with the Tonic Paper distressing tool. The background is the same patterned paper which was run through the Cuttlebug using the "Textile" embossing folder. I embossed only the upper portion so that I could stamp the ribbon image on the lower portion. Such a quick and simple card, but the detail in this stamp makes for a very elegant looking card. The second card uses one of my favourite stamps. It's from Unity stamps and we've already used it to make at least 3 class cards. It lends itself to several different inking techniques and here I've coloured directly on the stamp with Memento markers. The image was cut out using one of the labels 10 Nestabilities dies (another class favourite.) I sponged tattered rose distress ink around the edges while the image was still in the die. This leaves a beautiful border when the image is removed from the die. The border was punched using the "scrolls and dots" slim edger punch. That gorgeous patterned paper is from Basic Grey's Indian summer collection. I had a couple of sheets of this pattern left, and the colours and pattern were the inspiration for this card! Two down....one to go:)

No comments:

Post a Comment