Sunday, April 1, 2012

April cards


Here is card number one for this week and next week's classes. Love this layout which I snagged from the latest issue of "Cardmaps" magazine. I used one of the new papers from Kaisercraft's Fine and Sunny collection.

As always, the real deal is much more impressive than the photograph, so be sure to stop in and see this sample. It took me a while to figure out what to do with this awesome new stamp from Inkadinkado, but once I started playing, I got a little carried away. I heat embossed the peacock image in black, then coloured in all those beautiful feathers with the glitter gel pens. I always have trouble using black embossing powder and this time was no exception, so I decided to carefully trim around the image to get rid of all those pesky little black spots that I didn't see before I used the heat gun (Grrrr!) Then I searched the entire store for a background paper to complement the colours I had used, but nothing was working for me, so I decided to break out the alcohol inks and make my own background. Other than making a mess and stinking the place up with fumes from the ink it was fun and the result is gorgeous...if I do say so myself LOL!  I finished it off with some gold foil and black metallic cardstock. The biggest issue I had was that the image wouldn't fit on a standard size card, so I had to improvise and hopefully no one will mind that the envelopes are a bit bigger than the card (sorry.) I haven't done the third card yet, but it will be a fairly simple one because the peacock one will take a while to complete. I'll upload the last sample by Monday night. Please bring your own gel pens to class if you have them or be prepared to buy them. I used a gold gel pen plus a green star and blue star glitter gel pen.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Marie! I love the peacock one it is fabulous. Can't wait to make it next week - you always do such terrific job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy, have a great visit with the family and give baby Madison a cuddle for me:)

    ReplyDelete