Monday, April 2, 2012

Reach for the sky



Here's the third class sample. The hot air balloon stamp is a mini clear stamp set which includes  the sentiment: "May your travels lead you to some amazing places" I had a graduation card in mind when I made this so I used "Reach for the Sky" instead. This sentiment is a portion of another mini stamp set which includes a beautiful butterfly and the sentiment "Take Wing, reach for the sky" Both these stamps are just $2.50 each and are available at the store. I decided that I would use this sentiment more often, and so I carefully trimmed the "Take Wing" portion away and I'll still be able to use them together if I want to. I stamped the balloon in Sepia archival ink on neutral cardstock, then stamped just the upper portion onto a the same colour paper as the upper background of the card. I inked this part of the image with Versamark and sprinkled clear embossing powder onto it, then heated it for a glossy look. After punching out the circle, I popped it up with foam dimensionals. If you look very closely you can see that I accidentally glued the punched border on the wrong side of the paper...Oh well...now everyone knows how NOT to do it..LOL! This is a fun card to make and with some bright colours and a different sentiment would make a great birthday card for a child. I was rushing to get this done (hence the goof up!) and now I can see a few possibilities for embellishment. We'll see how much time there is in class after doing the other two cards and maybe we can step it up a notch. Thanks for taking a peek and comments are always welcome:)

No comments:

Post a Comment