Sunday, April 11, 2010

3 birthday cards




I'm very frustrated with my computer right now! It's so slow...I guess it must be time to do a little spring cleaning on the computer as well as the house (groan!)
Anyway after much thumb twiddling while my photos uploaded here are the 3 cards we'll be making on Thursday evening. It's always good to have a few birthday cards around for those times when you turn the page on the calendar and realize that someone's birthday is the next day...not just the next month LOL. The colours on the bugs and kisses card are WAY OFF! The background paper is Basic Grey Limeade and it's so bright and funky looking especially after running it through the Cuttlebug in the swiss dots embossing folder...the picture really doesn't do it justice. I really like the argyle paper on the chocolate cupcake card, but I think we may add a bit more detail on the brown scalloped border in class...it needs a little something else ... not sure what yet, but I'll figure it out before class! The frame around the other cupcake card was made with a Spellbinders frameabilities die. It took longer to poke the holes out of all those scallops than it did to make the rest of the card LOL! Well, there's a little bit of sunshine left so I'm off to read my book in the sunroom 'til supper is ready. Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marie - your cards are awesome - wish I could join in your class. I especially love the Argyle paper also and the diagonal lined paper looks great on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards, above all the one with the Argyle paper..I've read it's a must have.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete