Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A weekend away and some sad news....



I was excited to have last weekend off so I could attend Scrapfest in Kitchener and visit with my kids and my in-laws. It was a very busy weekend but it felt great to be out shopping on a Saturday again (it's been a while...LOL ) Scrapfest was awesome and I totally ran out of time because there was so much to see and I was on a pretty tight schedule. I discovered a few new Canadian stamp companies that I hope to do business with in the near future, and I treated myself to a new stamp set that will no doubt make it's debut in an upcoming class very soon. Many thanks to Jennifer for holding down the fort on Saturday...what would I do without you??????
Sadly when we got home we received the news I've been dreading. My cousin Caron's little grandson Joe, who has been fighting a rare form of brain tumour since he was two years old, lost the battle on Sunday, less than two months after his seventh birthday. Affectionately known as Superhero Joe to those who knew and loved him, Joe was bright, funny and incredibly brave. Although I didn't get the chance to know him personally (he and his family live in England), I felt a real connection with both Joe and his wonderful family through the journal updates his Mom Yvonne wrote regularly on the CaringBridge website. My heart goes out to Joe's family and I'll continue to pray for them as they learn to cope without him, but I know in my heart that Joe is pain free and happily making friends in his new home with the Lord. Rest in Peace Joe
On a lighter note, I finally had a minute to upload two of the cards we'll be making in this week's class. The butterfly card is not finished as I've been searching for the right sentiment, but it was made using the baby wipe inking technique and the new Tim Holtz Sizzix die. Everyone's cards will look a little different this week as each person can choose their own ink colours for both the butterfly and the emboss resist card. I used Tattered Rose and Bundled Sage distress inks for mine. There will also be a choice of images for the oval panel so I may ask the ladies if I can photograph their cards this week to show what everyone came up with :)
This month's contest cards are on display in the store and the creativity that went into these is just amazing. I'll upload pictures later this week.
Sorry it's such a long post and I hope the sun is shining on you today wherever you are.

1 comment:

  1. ....so sorry to hear about little Joe......God Bless! Your cards are lovely, Marie - was just looking at the results in another post of yours and they are ALL gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete