Sunday, October 17, 2010

CASED layout


For those of you not familiar with the term CASE as it relates to papercrafts...it's an acronym for "Copy And Share Everything." One of the things I love about this hobby is the generosity of people who share their ideas and creativity...they are genuinely flattered if someone "copies" their idea. Of course, proper etiquette requires that the person using the idea gives credit to the original artist. As much time as I spend browsing websites and magazines for ideas and inspiration, I do very little actual copying of other cards. It's not that I think there is anything wrong with it, it's just that my own ideas kind of take over, and what began as a "case" ends up looking nothing like the original! This week's layout for our class cards is an exception. I LOVE this layout that I saw in "Take Ten" magazine (available in the store:)) and I was amazed by the variety of fabulous cards that were showcased using the same layout. So I decided to challenge myself to come up with three very different cards using ONE layout. It's been a very busy weekend with Migration Fest and such, so I have only one sample so far, but I'm excited to see what I can come up with for the other two. I'll keep you posted......

No comments:

Post a Comment