Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving



What a perfect weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving. The weather has been fantastic and we finally got some long overdue yard work done. Our poor old ash trees have finally succumbed to the dreaded emerald ash borer and Steve spent much of the day sawing the limbs off one so we can have a campfire tonight. Speaking of trees...the colours in my "Funky Forest" card are a bit off, but it's really quite cute in real life. I keep thinking I should add something else, but I'm going to try to resist the temptation as I'm on a "Clean and Simple" kick right now. (Let's see how long it lasts..lol!)The other card was inspired by our upcoming Migration Festival here in Kingsville next weekend. I always think of Monarch butterflies beginning their long journey at this time of year and how amazing it is that something so delicate can be strong enough to withstand such a flight! We'll be using the faux Mother of Pearl technique for our third card this week. I'll try to upload a photo tomorrow. Hope you have lots of blessings to count this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment