Friday, March 4, 2011

Feeling a bit shabby....



Yes I do need a new wardrobe (don't we all????) but the title of this post refers to my recent cards. I didn't actually get last weeks class cards posted before the class took place but here's my favourite. I'm lovin' these little birds from the Crafty Secrets "bird notes" stamp set. We used both sides of this Kaisercraft patterned paper from their "Homemade" collection, and the dry embossing on the blue added some great texture. All the edges were ink distressed with Vintage Photo and we also used the scalloped rectangle Nestability as a stencil so we could ink around the birds with weathered wood distress ink. The other "shabby card" is for next week's class and uses a heart punch to create a shamrock. Most of the products out there use a four leaf clover to represent St. Patrick's day when it really should be a shamrock and it's hard to find the real deal( one of my pet peeves ) so I just made my own! I have a bit of Irish in me so I thought I'd just put the record straight LOL! More dry embossing on patterned paper here and the shamrock was actually adhered to the paper before it was run through in the embossing folder, to get that pressed flower look that we did a couple of weeks ago. This might be a bit too grungy looking for some, but you could use a lighter colour for the ink distressing (I used walnut stain) or not ink it at all for a brighter,fresh look.
Well it's been a rainy day here, but the birds were singing up a storm as I left the house this morning, so that means spring is definitely around the corner.....I hope:)

No comments:

Post a Comment