Friday, March 25, 2011

Two more...




Here are the other two class cards we made this week using the same Unity stamp. The first one is heat embossed using copper embossing powder. I really like the black and copper combo, but I was surprised how much everyone else liked it too. I thought at least a couple of people would opt for a brighter colour. The triangular shape was cut from copper metallic cardstock and dry embossed using the D'Vine Swirl embossing folder, then ink distressed with black soot distress ink to give it a little bit of an aged look. The second card was created by stamping the image with Versamark and heat embossing with clear embossing powder. The colours of distress ink used on this image are Spiced Marmalade, Aged Mahogany, and Peeled Paint. This technique is called emboss resist, because the embossed image "resists" the distress inks and really pops out of all that colour. It's one of my favourite techniques to use with silhouette stamps. Next week we are going to start working on our Christmas card stash. I know it seems crazy when Spring has only just arrived (I think??), but if we make 3 cards per month we'll have 27 Christmas cards by the beginning of December...that's not quite enough for my list, but it's a healthy start. The last week of each month will be Christmas cards, so if that's the only time of year you send hand made cards, why not join us and get a head start? On Sunday I'm heading out to Brampton for a Canadian Craft and Hobby Association one day event. I'm so excited because I'll be seeing and trying out new products and techniques, and I hope to come back with lots of new goodies for the store and ideas to share. The event begins at 7:30 am on Monday and runs until 5:30pm so I'll probably be toast on Tuesday, after the long drive home, but I'm really looking forward to it anyway. Hopefully the weather will be good for driving and I'll tell you all about it here when I get back:) Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment