Tuesday, March 22, 2011

One of Three



Here's the first of three cards we'll be making in class this week. I'm trying something new this week by using the same stamp, with a different technique and layout on each card. This one was made by colouring directly on the stamp with Memento markers, then spritzing the stamp with a mini mister filled with water, before stamping on watercolour paper. I love the softness of this look and this stamp from Unity is perfect for this technique. The lower portion of the card was run through the Cuttlebug in the textile embossing folder, and the edges are ink distressed with Peeled Paint distress ink. I finished it off with a little corner piercing and a band of purple grossgrain ribbon to separate the embossed portion. The colours are much prettier in real life. I'll post the other two cards later this week. Fingers crossed that we dodge the snow in the forecast...I'm so ready for spring weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment