Monday, May 16, 2011

Blogger issues!




Sorry for not posting earlier but I've been having a few issues with my blog program. It's been acting even more strange than usual and to be honest I didn't have the patience to fuss with it till now. So far everything seems to be working so fingers crossed that this post gets uploaded properly. Here are the first two cards for class this week. I thought we'd try a vertical criss cross card for a change of pace. No stamping on this one, but you do need to be extra careful with the measuring and cutting (if you look carefully you'll see I wasn't as careful as I should have been..LOL) I think this layout would work really well for an invitation or special announcement. The paper is from Crate Paper and I added a little strip to the insert along with a small scalloped circle, cut in half for the top. I've been dying to try out the new line of Core'dinations cardstock from Tim Holtz. There are 36 colours to choose from (one for each of his distress inks!) and here I've used Tumbled Glass, which is one of my favourites. I dry embossed the upper portion using the Cuttlebug "Floral Fantasy" folder, then lightly sanded it to allow the core colour to show. The image and sentiment are from Crafty Secrets "Bird Notes" stamp set. First I stamped it in Rich Cocoa Memento ink then cut it out using a nestability die. I sponged Tumbled Glass distress ink while the image was still inside the die to create the ivory border. Finally I mounted it on another nestabilty die cut...this time a petite scalloped circle in chocolate brown. A little satin ribbon to emphasize the embossing and the whole thing was mounted to a chocolate brown card base. I'm loving these colours....what do you think? It's birding season and I've had quite few birding enthusiasts in the store over the past week, so this one is dedicated to them. I sure hope the weather improves for them (and the rest of us) soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment