Saturday, May 21, 2011

The sun is shining.....



....so I am making Christmas cards!!!!! What is wrong with me????? Well... next week is our monthly Christmas card class so I do have an excuse for this bizarre behaviour..lol! I used two of the Splitcoast challenges for inspiration. The first was to use colours which are opposite each other on the colour wheel, so of course, red and green came to mind immediately, (although I also made a very pretty birthday card for my sister in purple and yellow.) I used the faux silk technique for the background...it's a great way to use up all that white tissue paper that stores package things in. The second was a sketch challenge and when I saw the three boxes at the bottom of the card, I immediately thought of the Martha Stewart snowflake punch I won at the CHA event I attended in March. So there we go...hope you are enjoying this fabulous weather, and please don't blame me if it starts to snow..LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment