Wednesday, October 12, 2011

...and here they are..




Here are the missing photos from my previous post! I used the same stamp and basic layout for both cards, but there are a couple of options for technique here. The first one is a favourite of mine....emboss resist. I stamped the image in Versamark, heat embossed with clear embossing powder and inked over the image with distress inks. I also used a strip of pleated satin ribbon for an added touch of elegance. The second card is stamped with black Archival Ink and highlighted with Worn Lipstick distress ink. Instead of a blending tool I used a sponge dauber to make the little circles and then I coloured some of the leaves with a Sakura glitter pen. The edge is inked with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink.There are lots of possibilities for a totally different look with this type of stamp. You could colour all the flowers and leaves or apply a variety of distress inks with a blending tool over the entire stamped image. I think this will be a fun class as each person will have a different take on what looks best with this image. Don't forget your markers or other colouring medium if you'd like to do your own thing:)

No comments:

Post a Comment