Thursday, September 5, 2013

I'm still here....!

I just realized that it's been quite a while since I posted anything here.  I've been posting stuff on Facebook and I thought I'd put the cards up here too but I guess I didn't get to it ...sorry about that! The other two cards that we did in class along with the spray ink card in the previous post are pictured below. I LOVE the Charlie Chaplin stamp, don't you?


The little square card is just a few simple folds and some flower punches. This week (and next) we are making the cards pictured below, plus a Christmas card which I won't share yet, as I aim to do a separate post with all the Christmas cards we've made this year so far, sometime in October.


For the first card, I used some drywall tape as a mask and sponged over it with walnut stain distress ink to get the mesh effect. The leaf is a die cut from Impression Obsession, which I cut from watercolour paper, coloured with distress inks and heat embossed several times to get a nice thick shiny layer that almost looks enamelled. The second card is a very simple design because I wanted the sentiment to stand out ...it's such a beautiful saying and looks very pretty embossed in silver. It was a really full house for the Wednesday morning class this week .. .lots of fun and laughter, as always. Next Thursday evening looks pretty full, but I have space next Wednesday morning or if you would like to come in and make one or two of these cards during store hours, just let me know ahead of time and we'll see what we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment