Monday, January 13, 2014

First class of 2014




It always seems so much worse when we lose people around the holidays and there seemed to more sadness than usual around just before Christmas. I found myself without cards to send as I was still scrambling to get my Christmas cards in the mail, so perhaps that's why my focus went to simple but elegant sympathy cards for our first class of the new year, although I sincerely hope I don't have to send any out any time soon! The first two cards look deceptively simple, but they are a bit more work to put together than you might think. I must apologize for the terrible photos (note to self: take pics in daylight!)
The image is die cut in two contrasting colours and then inlaid into the negative space of the opposite colour. Now that I've confused you (lol!) let me tell you that it's a bit like doing a puzzle only more fiddly! You will need a glue pen, tweezers and perhaps a piercing tool for this class, plus maybe a bit of patience. I am really looking forward to getting back to doing classes now that I have the room set up at last. The best thing is being able to wander in and make something whenever I feel like it, however, I still have LOTS of sorting and organization to do, so I have to resist the temptation to play  much until my house is a lot tidier than it is currently!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment