Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Celebrate snow?????


We're definitely on a winter theme with our card class this week. Card 1 was a sledding scene; card 2 was a winter bird, and here is a big fat snowflake for ya! I don't know about you, but I have a number of friends/family members with winter birthdays and anniversaries, so this is a handy little card to have in your stash. The best thing is that it can be used for a guy or a gal:) It's a dreary day here in Kingsville so I needed to work with something a bit shiny to brighten my mood a bit. I LOVE the way Bazzil silver foil cardstock works with die cuts. The little silver snowflake looks almost like a brad and it really pops with tha addition of the American Crafts mini jewel brad in the centre. I used a Cuttlebug border embossing folder on the white strip, but the camera didn't quite catch the detail.... and by the way that's a navy snowflake...not black! I'm in the process of working on some Valentine ideas and there is a lovely big order arriving tomorrow which will no doubt distract me from my creative wanderings for a while. New 6 x 6 paper pads from Kaisercraft are on their way along with a few new clear mini stamps, LOTS of 12 x 12 paper (where will I put it????) Tim Holtz Texture Fades embossing folders and some lovely rub -ons. Oh... and the new Sew Easy stitch piercer and mats are finally in stock, so look for those on the shelf in the next couple of days. Next week will see the arrival of some great new rubber stamps from "Your Next Stamp" with something sweet for all you Valentines. Enjoy your week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment