Friday, January 21, 2011

I hate cold weather!


I know that's a very negative title for a post but it's the truth! I can hardly wait for Spring to arrive. I learned a new word on Facebook today...grismal (grey/dismal) which describes January to perfection in my humble opinion! So....to brighten my day (and hopefully yours too) I made a pink flowery card, which we will re-create in various forms and colours in our class next week. This is another clean and simple design, and although I'm not a big fan of pink (the colour, not the singer...I quite enjoy her music!) I love it with black. The vase was made by using a portion of a Christmas ornament punch. I stamped an intricate scroll design on it in versamark and heat embossed with clear EP. I think this is the first time I've used this particular embossing folder. It's one of a set called "Heritage" by Cuttlebug. There four folders in the set, 2 standard and 2 large. It also coordinates with the Cricut cartridge of the same name. I don't stock Cricut products but I carry several different designs of these sets of four embossing folders for just $19.99 each. I'm going to play around with a few more samples for next week's class, but they will all be featuring flowers. It's just my way of thumbing my nose at winter weather!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment